Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Frustration and Joy

Tonight I am wondering how on earth I can feel so frustrated during part of the day and so joyful during another.  Every time I sat down to eat or get online or play a game with the kids, there was a 2yo screaming to sit on the potty (he never goes), a 4yo crying for a drink or snack, a 6yo complaining about the 4yo, an 8yo aggravating my niece, or a baby fussing over a dirty diaper.  I wonder how on earth I can keep doing this.  I wonder how I will be able to keep a full homeschooling schedule! 

Somehow I realize that I won't be able to do this alone.  I have no power to organize.  I have no self-discipline.  I have no desire to put my children and family first.  I will have to let Jesus do it all for me. 

At the end of the day, I wonder what my problem was!  It doesn't matter if I get everything done perfectly or "on time."  None of the toys on the floor or the piles of papers waiting to be filed or the pictures waiting for albums is going to last.  The only thing I'm taking with me are these children and this husband of mine.  God hired me to love them.  That's not so hard.  At least not while they're asleep. 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to offer you some info.  I have a book called managers of their home.  It's a good book about scheduling your home & homeschool.  You can read more about it at www.titus2.com.

Anonymous said...

my mom always used to tell me "this too shall pass". i think of that often. and then i just hand it over to jesus!
and you're so right, in the end, we do what's important, our kids and hubbies.
tho a bit less whining and fussing with one another wouldn't go amiss in my house too :-)
xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel-
Thanks for being so honest and vulnerable. You address issues we ALL have trouble with. You're doing a great job with everything you handle. Fly Lady has helped because you've IMPLEMENTED her words!

Sometimes we have no choice but to handle life in 15 minute or less increments! And you do it better than anyone I know!

God bless,
Shelley
www.shelleyhussey.com

(Hey, is it OK if I plugged my website?) :)